8.7.08

oracular spectacular


WOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWW!!!!

Now this is what I call a blast... I had heard of these guys but never took the time to actually listen to them... Until yesterday they popped up on my iPod and what a blast... the sound is so great, it is bigger than life. Now I don't usually post in english, but in this case I am so overwhelmed that the words won't even come out right in portuguese. So watch the video of "time to pretend" the song that took me over without warning and read the fabulous lyrics...
I am in love!


Time to pretend
I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin, and fuck with the stars.
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.

This is our decision, to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah, it's overwhelming, but what else can we do.
Get jobs in offices, and wake up for the morning commute.

Forget about our mothers and our friends
We're fated to pretend
To pretend
We're fated to pretend
To pretend

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms
I'll miss the comfort of my mother and the weight of the world
I'll miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home
Yeah, I'll miss the boredom and the freedom and the time spent alone.

There's really nothing, nothing we can do
Love must be forgotten, life can always start up anew.
The models will have children, we'll get a divorce
We'll find some more models, everything must run it's course.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end
We were fated to pretend
To pretend
We're fated to pretend
To pretend

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah


A facadas

5 comentários:

gaja disse...

Sua emigra...

gaja disse...

Eu acho isto musiquinha porreira para ouvir na esplanada durante este Verão - nada mais que isso. E quanto à letra, a fórmula "sexo, drogas e rock n' roll" já foi inventada faz resmas de tempo (pelos rebeldes avós destes putos)-esta é só uma variante fraquinha.

Mas prontos, já que é uma recomendação da Facadas vou ouvir o cd todo, para depois continuar a dizer mal, ou talvez não!

Numa coisa concordo contigo gaja - a capa é gira!

Mouca

gaja disse...

Mas que bem Mouca nao esperava nada que tivesses gostado da capa. Mas quanto ao comentario: "sexo, drogas e rock n'roll" ja foi inventada faz resmas de tempo, nao acho que faca sentido nenhum... afinal de contas ainda ha formulas por inventar? E sim, os tipos nem sao muito originais, e depois? qual e o problema, they are a lot of fun, and that is more than what most "sex, drugs n' rock n' roll" bands are. Certo?
Mas para ser sincera a melhor musica e mesmo o single "time to pretend" o resto e de facto demasiado bowie para ser muito bom.

A facadas

gaja disse...

e afinal de contas, acha que a maioria dos livros que le sao assim tao originais, nao sao todos eles remakes das historias da biblia?

A facadas

gaja disse...

Tens razão Facadas. Quase todas as fórmulas estão inventadas e sim, são raras as coisas verdadeiramente originais...E eu percebo (e concordo) quando dizes "they are a lot of fun", só não percebo (ou não concordo) quando dizes "I am so overwhelmed" - PARA MIM são giros e tal, estão é a um camião TIR de distância de serem overwhelming.

Em relação aos outro comentário: sim, possivelmente são todos remake das histórias da bíblia. Mas há o bom remake e o mau remake. Eu já apanhei de tudo!